• What is OWCP Connect?
OWCP Connect is a secure site where injured workers may register for an account after verifying their identity by answering questions posed by a Credit Bureau about their credit history. Once an account has been created and validated, an injured worker may log into OWCP Connect and access the Claimant Query System (CQS).
• What type of information is available on CQS?
CQS provides information on case status, the accepted medical conditions in the case, the injured worker's employing agency, compensation payments and compensation claim tracking.
• Will CQS allow me to review documents from my case file?
No, file documents may not be viewed via CQS. If you need to request a copy of your case file, please submit a request in writing to the servicing district office. You may upload a request to your case file using the Web-Enabled Document Submission (WEEDS) portion of OWCP's Employees' Compensation Operations and Management Portal (ECOMP). Instructions for uploading information to a case file can be found at: https://www.ecomp.dol.gov/content/help/tutorial/index.html
• I just filed a CA-1/CA-2 claim. Will I be able to see any information in CQS?
You will need a case file number in order access CQS. A claim will only be available in CQS after the CA-1 or 2 has been received by OWCP and a case has been created. Please allow approximately 24 hours after receipt of the claim from your employing agency by OWCP before trying to access it in CQS.
• I am a recipient of a death benefit. How do I access CQS to review payment information?
CQS is only available to injured workers who have existing cases with OWCP. It is not available to survivors receiving death benefits. If you need information about death benefits please contact the servicing district office.
• I am an authorized representative on a FECA claim. How do I access CQS to review my client's information?
CQS is only available to injured workers who have existing cases with OWCP. It is not available to representatives or other parties. If you need information about a client's case please contact the servicing district office.
• Is it mandatory that I create an account?
Account creation is not mandatory, but is required if you wish to access CQS via OWCP Connect to view case information.
• I have more than one OWCP claim on file. Do I need to create a separate account to access each one?
No, only one OWCP Connect account is needed. Once your account has been validated, you will be able to access any existing cases in CQS, unless the case has been retired. The information associated with your OWCP Connect account, such as Social Security number and date of birth, must match the information associated with your OWCP case file(s).
• My name has changed since I initially registered. Will I still be able to access my case file information in CQS?
A name change will not affect your ability to log into your OWCP Connect account. You will still be able to log in using the credentials established when you registered for the account.
• Why should I register to create an account?
Creating an OWCP Connect account will allow you to log into CQS, where you will be able to see information on case status, compensation payments and compensation claim tracking.
• Will creating an account affect my credit score?
No, creating an OWCP Connect account will not affect your credit score.
• What does OWCP do with the information that I provide to the credit bureau questions?
The information that you provide in response to the credit bureau questions is used for identity verification only, to ensure that only the injured worker may access private information displayed in CQS. This information is not used for any other purpose and is not stored or maintained in OWCP records.
• After I create an OWCP Connect account, will it expire?
Your account will not expire. However, for continued access, once per year you will need to answer questions posed by the Credit Bureau to re-prove your identity. You will be prompted to complete this process after one year has passed since your account creation.
• I am a foreign national who does not have a Social Security Number. Is there a way for me to create a user ID to access CQS?
No, a Social Security number (SSN) is required because the injured worker's SSN is one of the pieces of information used to access credit bureau information needed to verify a registrant's identity. If you do not have an SSN you will not be able to register for an OWCP Connect account.
• I live overseas and do not have a US zip code. Can I still register on OWCP Connect?
No, a U.S. zip code is required because the injured worker's address is one of the pieces of information used to access credit bureau information needed to verify a registrant's identity. If you do not have a U.S. zip code you will not be able to register for an OWCP Connect account.
• I am unable to validate my information with TransUnion. What is causing this error?
If you believe there are errors in the information maintained by the credit bureau that are preventing you from verifying your identity, please contact the credit bureau directly for assistance. OWCP is unable to address any issues pertaining to your credit history.
TransUnion may be contacted at 877-322-8228 or by visiting https://dispute.transunion.com.
• I don't recognize any of the credit bureau generated questions. Can I still create an account?
No, you must be able to successfully answer questions posed by the credit bureau to verify your identity, to ensure the privacy of personal information contained in OWCP records.
• Can I validate creation of my account via text message instead of by email?
No, the message sent to validate creation of your account contains a link that must be clicked and may only be sent via email. Receipt via text message to your phone is not available.
• Why did you change the log in method? The previous way of accessing my information was easier.
OWCP Connect provides a more secure method of verifying an injured worker's identity to ensure that only the injured worker is able to access private personally identifiable information (PII) contained in OWCP's records.
• I forgot the email address that I used to create my CQS user-ID. What should I do?
If you forgot the email address that you used when you registered for an OWCP Connect account, please contact OWCP Connect-CQS Help to request that this information be provided to you.
• I would like to change the email address that I registered my account under. Is that possible?
Yes, you may change the email address associated with your OWCP Connect account by logging in and selecting the link "Change Email" at the top of the page. After entering your current email address and verifying your security image and key phrase, you will be prompted to enter the new email address for the account. A message will then be sent to the new email address with a link that must be clicked within 15 minutes to activate the new email address for the account.
• I forgot the password for my OWCP Connect account. What should I do?
You may reset your password by clicking the link ?Reset Password? at the top of the page or below the login box. You will need to enter your email address and then either answer your three security questions or click the link to receive a security code via email or text message to your mobile device. If you request a security code, you will receive an email or text message with a code that must be entered on the page to proceed. The security code will expire two minutes after the email or text is sent by OWCP Connect. Once you have either answered your security questions or successfully entered the security code you received, you will be prompted to create a new password for your account.
• I believe I see a discrepancy in the FECA case file information available on CQS. What should I do?
Questions regarding billing and medical authorization issues should be directed to DFEC's third-party billing service at 844-493-1966. You may contact your servicing district office if you have general questions about your FECA claim.